Washington County: One Community supports regional efforts to implement programs and provide resources to help prevent chronic diseases throughout Washington County. Examples include:
- Reducing tobacco use and exposure to second hand smoke through police and environmental change.
- Increasing opportunities for physical activity.
- Education on improving nutrition.
- Partnering with the Washington County Food Pantry Network to provide trainings and disseminate resources.
- Coordinates Screen Washington County, media campaign to increase colorectal cancer screenings.
- What You Do Matters
- Chronic Disease
- Prevention and Health Promotion
- Maine Chronic Disease data resources
- Healthy Maine Partnerships
- Colon Screening